QR codes have many different applications but the most common is the ability to scan contact information into a smart phone. Using your smart phone and a QR reader (app) you can instantly add contact information into your phone.
- Business cards
- Brochures and other marketing materials
- Decal on trucks and trailers.
- Product packaging
- Convention and event nametags
- Restaurant menus
- Event ticket stubs
- Point-of-sale receipts
- Location on Google maps
- Play a Youtube video
- Add an entry to the user’s calendar
- Start an image gallery
- Ease installing an app from the App Store or Android Market
- Send a predefined short message (premium services)
- Send a Tweet with your content
- Visit Google+/Facebook profile
- Call a phone number
- Show contact data as a vCard/meCard
- Show your branding on textiles (T-shirts, bags) and other articles like mugs
- Show your profile on recommendation services like Qype
QR codes have the ability to:
- Link to digital content on the web
- Activate a number of phone functions including email, IM and SMS
- Connect the mobile device to a web browser
- Connect people with each other
- Connect to multimedia digital content
Sharing – There’s no limit to how, or even how much, you can share with QR codes. While a video or landing page is easily shared, you could go further and share an entire eBook and even multiple pieces of content that share a common link.
When used effectively, they can be great marketing tools.
Read more at http://www.business2community.com/marketing/the-three-es-of-qr-codes-0385042#s2ASfmMyyt5AOWpW.99
QR codes can also be used to track your marketing campaign and each time someone scans the code it will be recorded provided added insights into how well your campaign is working.