According to Google, mobile internet use will surpass desktop use this year (2013).
Consumer behavior mandates that your business is accessible anytime/anywhere your customers need you and therefore you need a mobile version of your website is a necessity.
If you already have a website likely it is accessible on a mobile device, that is good news. However unless you have a mobile version of your website, it probably looks pretty crappy. If it looks crappy then that is bad for your business.
- 46% of all cell phones in the US are smartphones.
- Research predicts that by 2013, more people will be accessing the Internet on their mobile phones than those who will be using their desktop computer.
- 87% of the world’s population is now using a mobile device.
- Research indicates that 49% of mobile web users have bought at least 1 item via their mobile device within the last 6 months
Mobile sites should have:
- Simple navigation.
- Larger font size
- Optimize the site for a mobile – no bells a whistles
- Make the file sizes smaller to increase the speed the site loads on a mobile device
- Fast loading websites that don’t require a lot of data to be loaded – customers will appreciate it.
- Scaling images and fonts that adapt to screen size
- No flash elements that many smart phones can’t render
Why do you need a mobile ready website for your small business?
- Mobile-friendly sites turn users into customers
- Not having a mobile-friendly site helps your competitors
- Non-mobile friendly sites can hurt a company’s reputation
- Not having a mobile site is a reflection on your business
- Your regular website won’t load properly on a mobile device and you will lose potential customers as a result.
There are several options to make your website mobile friendly and optimized. Contact Us to find how to get a mobile version of your website and get more business.